Moving the Dial on Social Mission:
Ensuring Health Professions Education Meets the Challenges of Today
Accountability | Policy | Community Outcomes
The Beyond Flexner Conference is an interprofessional forum focused on advancing health equity and social justice through health professions education. The Conference brings together leaders in change to share new strategies and tools, identify and address challenges, and organize to advocate for meaningful change.
- Centering Health Professions Education in Community: improving outcomes in the communities we serve through mission, recruitment, educational curriculum, clinical service, and research.
- Addressing Racism in Healthcare and Health Professions Education: addressing structural racism and privilege to advance equity, inclusion, and belonging in health professions education.
- Engaging with the Global Community: bidirectional engagement to share lessons learned and develop initiatives to address global health equity and social justice, particularly for those impacted by the sequela of COVID-19.
- Creating Accountability: advancing measurements, data, research, competencies, funding, and standards to achieve meaningful change.
- Engaging in Policy: identifying and advocating for policies to advance social mission, and translating those policies into practice.
Beyond Flexner Alliance, A.T. Still University, and Arizona State University Edson College of Nursing would like to thank and acknowledge the generous contributions made by our sponsors and supporters for the 2022 Beyond Flexner Conference.
At the 2021 Beyond Flexner Virtual Conference, attendees have the opportunity to donate money that will be used to support Corbin's Legacy in the form of grocery store gift cards to help feed local children. You may donate money now to make this event possible. Learn more about Corbin's Legacy Community Project.